17 Ways To Use Vita Coco Coconut Oil
Thursday, 17th December, 2015
17 Ways To Use Vita Coco Coconut Oil (*)
Is there anything coconut oil can’t do? The popular, naturally fatty superfood has a multitude of beneficial purposes. From cooking to cleaning to skincare to consumption, you don’t realise just how useful that little jar in your kitchen cupboard can be until you read this!
1. Coconut oil has a low melting point but can withstand high heat making it perfect for frying.
2. You can use it as a butter substitute with potatoes, sweet corn or pancakes.
3. It’s the perfect healthy alternative to butter when baking your favourite treats.
4. Use alone or mix with your favourite herbs and spices to create a salad dressing.
5. Bulletproof coffee? A tea spoon of coconut oil in your coffee can add a cream texture and can stabilise the release of caffeine making the benefits of coffee last longer.
Skin & Hair
6. Coconut oil can be used to remove makeup and cleanse the face. Just massage straight onto the skin and wipe away with a warm, damp muslin cloth.
7. Hello lipbalm!
8. After shampooing add a teaspoon of coconut oil to a jar and warm under the water. Add the liquid to your hair and leave in as a hair mask for 5 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
9. Coconut oil heals, hydrates and relaxes skin and muscles so it works great as a massage oil
10. Fight frizz and tame flyaways by rubbing a pea sized amount into the palm of your hands and running your fingers through the ends of your hair.
11. Use the oil as a shaving cream by warming the liquid in a jar before applying.
12. Your very own au natural moisturiser for your face and body.
13. Use coconut oil to soften your cuticles.
14. Add half a cup of sugar or sea salt and half a cup of coconut oil together to create a body scrub
15. Oil Pulling. Take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning and swish it around your mouth for 15-20 minutes before spitting it out and brushing teeth to whiten them! Coconut oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and has anti-bacterial properties so do not swallow as the oil will pull out bacterial from your throat and mouth.
16. Coconut oil can aid in relieving burns, bug bites, minor cuts and abrasions. Just a dap a small amount under a plaster or over a burn can fight infection and speed up the healing process.
17. Just 3 tablespoons of coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels, burn fat, increase energy, kill bacteria, lower hunger levels, reduce the risk of heart disease and boost brain function. Cook, bake, drink, drizzle it over salads, or simply consume it alone to gain the benefits of its superfood properties!